Eastern Intercourse, Karratha, WA
- Annual maintenance Testing of 6 substations
- Mobilize 40 technicians to complete work in 72 hours
- Commencement – November 2018
- Completion – November 2018
- To mobilize 40 Rio Qualified technicians in 6 weeks.
- Complete maintenance testing in stipulated timeframe and budget.
- Work to be completed in both day and night shifts.
Scope of work
Complete site wide annual maintenance testing of 6 substations
- Protection relay testing
- HV and LV circuit breaker testing
- Cleaning of substations and switchboards
- Fall of potential and continuity testing
- HV and LV Busbar Testing
- Transformer Testing
- VSD Maintenance
- Contactors and earth switches testing and maintenance
- TCS was awarded this work, after successful completion of previous project.
- TCS not only completed project on time but within budget stipulated by RTIO.
- All the testing and maintenance work was completed successfully.
Zero Harm - Mining Safety
The works were conducted without safety or environmental incident, and the site contact commended our workers on their professional and safe conduct and their commitment to the site’s safety principles.
- Client : Rio Tinto
- Project : Eastern Intercourse, Karratha, WA
- Contract Value : $550K